Tonight (Tuesday) after work, I decided to fix a veggie pizza for supper and lunch and snacks for a couple of days. Here is the simple recipe:
Veggie Pizza
Base:
2 tubes of 8 count crescent rolls
Spray lightly 1 baking cookie sheet and unrolls dough and place crescents side by side making 2 rows. Press it to fill the pan and crimp all seams together then press out. Bake at 375* for 11-13 minutes. Remove and cool. **Prep your veggies while this bakes.
Veggies: Use any vegetables of your choice, making tiny pieces to spread over the pizza. If you use wet veggies, remove liquid (example: tomatoes, remove the juicy parts before putting on pizza. I generally add about 1/2 cup of each kind. Broccoli, cauliflower, onions, colorful bell peppers, sweet banana peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms, well drained black olives... use your imagination!
Cheese: 2 - 3 cups of your favorite shredded cheese. I like Colby & Monterey Jack blend. Sprinkle over top of veggies for the finishing touch. Your choice to add cheese or not!
Spread:
2 - 8 ounce cream cheese packages, room temperature
1 envelope of dry "Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing"
2 teaspoons of fresh minced garlic (leave it or remove it)
** OR any of the cream cheese spreads to equal 16 ounces.
Beat until blended with a spoon, microwave for 20 seconds if mixture is too stiff. Spread over cooled crust. Top with veggies and cheese. Cut and serve.
Wednesday is my day off and I go to a small church about 40 miles away for a late lunch with my best friend. It's a decent meal and is served with a nice slice of homemade pie. I'll write with another recipe later this week. Bon Apetit!
No comments:
Post a Comment