Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Strawberry Glazed Pie

Tuesday, July 16, 2013. Had an okay day at work today. I really messed up on Monday with many voids and 1 totally unfinished page for a Driver's License. I think I really made my boss angry over that one. UGH!!! More concentration is what I need to do.

I changed the previous blog's peach filling for the pie. I now will use my old standby glaze for the filling. That brings me to today's recipe.

Fresh Strawberry Pie
2 quarts of strawberries, wash then remove stems and blemishes and cut to bite size pieces
1 - 9 inch pie crust, baked and cooled
Glaze:
1 cup cold water
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
Mix the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in the water and cook to a boil, reduce heat and cook until thick. Remove from heat and stir in:
2 Tablespoons Strawberry Jello
Cool well and then stir in strawberries and pour into the cooled baked pie shell and chill 2 hours.
Serve with whipped cream.
1st pie using whole berries                          2nd pie using cut up berries

                                      You can actually use any fresh fruit, except pineapple. Pineapple must be canned and well drained. These can also be put over custard or cream cheese base pies. The filling must be cold before adding the glazed berries or it will be weepy.
                                                                                                  
It has been so darn hot, it hit 100* today! I really dislike the un-breathable hot weather. I did get all of our tomatoes, banana peppers, flowers and shrubs well watered. Here is to a better day on Wednesday. Bon Apetit!                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment